Friday, November 15, 2013

Holding rainbows

We're at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, one of the many impressive and accessible museums near our house, and I'm corralling my wild mustangs who have scattered around the lobby/stairs/giant purple Christmas tree. This is the only spot snacks are allowed, and I know they all need a little food and a bathroom trip before we see the exhibits if I want to avoid meltdowns. It takes patience to convince everyone of this now that they are too old and too many to simply scoop up. I'm head down, really sticking to the must-do mothering list when I notice that we have rainbows dancing on our hands.

A little bit of physics magic lifts my head and reminds me to appreciate the fleeting, beautiful moments with my own little rainbows.

*we are the lucky ones*

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh my gosh, Jenn, have I ever told you how much I love your blog? Oh wait, I tell you that EVERY time I talk to you. Seriously, I love your blog.

Bridget said...

So so lucky!